This four session class explores the photographic triangle - aperture, shutter speed, ISO - and how to take the guesswork out of shooting great photos. Class materials provide additional insights and learning tools to help you gain a firm understanding of what is presented in the class book – Understanding Exposure.
There will be a private group set up on facebook for students to post their photos, questions and discussions and receive feedback. You are also welcome to email me if you are not a facebook user or want private feedback.
In this class you will:
- Get off Auto and into Manual Mode
- Learn Creatively Correct vs. Correct Exposures
- Explore the Photographic Triangle - Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO
- Gain an understanding of the Light Meter
- Study how aperture is used to create storytelling vs. single theme photos
- Discuss how Shutter Speed affects the motion of a photo
- Discover where to take meter readings
Class size is limited to 15, so hurry and register today! (Minimum of 6 participants or class will be cancelled.)
Participating in this class requires the student to have a copy of the book ‘Understanding Exposure’ by Bryan Peterson. This book must be purchased, separately, by the student. The Revised Edition or 3rd Edition are suitable for this class.
*The contents of this class and book are best suited for users of DSLR or SLR cameras or a point and shoot camera with the ability to adjust aperture, shutter speed and ISO.
SpeedScraps uses a webinar service called GoToMeeting for their Online Classes. Using GoToMeeting allows students to hear me talking as well as see my computer screen.
To use GoToMeeting webinar service you will need:
- High Speed Internet Connection
- Up to date Web Browser
- Speakers or headset to hear the audio portion of the class
To communicate with the Instructor you can use one of the following methods:
- Dial in using your telephone (your standard long distance rates will apply)
- Use a built in microphone on your computer or headset.
- Use the chat feature of GoToMeeting to type your communications.
Class PDFs, facebook group invites and more information regarding GoToMeeting will be sent to students after registering for the class.
Refunds/Cancellations – If you are unable to attend a class due to an emergency, arrangements will be made for you to attend a future session of the same class. If a circumstance arises where the teacher cannot hold a given class, it will be rescheduled.
For any further questions, feel free to email me at SpeedScraps at gmail dot com