Monday, December 6, 2010

Project Joy 365 - No need to wait

As I was putting ideas together for this project, I found myself getting so excited about the different activities I want to do with the girls next year! Then, I realized that I didn't have to wait to get started!!

As I was looking online for some Christmas related craft ideas, I stumbled upon the whole 'Elf Magic' idea. I knew immediately that it was a great Project Joy 365 type activity. The whole concept of mischief and magic and leaving small gifts was a perfect example of the spirit of the project.

If you aren't familiar with the Elf Magic Tradition, you can read about it here.

If you are on a limited budget, you can still have the same fun by buying your own elf at a local store. A friend of mine found some poseable one's for just $3 at our supermarket. There are also tons of activities and mischief that your elf can do that cost little to nothing.

Don't think you are creative enough to pull something like this off? Well, no creativity required! There are many generous people out there who have shared their fantastic Elf ideas...all you have to do is be a good copycat!! LOL!

Here are some resources I have found:

Forum section dedicated to Magic Elves

Blog with lots of Magic Elf information

DIY Magic Elf Letter from Santa

Here are a few things our elves have been discovered doing already:


Having their nightly crackers and ice water, under a sprinkling of magic snow.


Hiding in our sunroom, writing in journals they brought for the girls.


Turning daddy's buck into Rudolf and taking a reindeer ride.

Setting up our Christmas tree and turning it into a 'Wunder-wear' tree!


Making themselves a relaxing 'bubble bath' in our sink.

I can't tell you how much fun this has been! Listening to the girls excitement every morning starts my day with such joy! Ending my day by playing a little mischief sends me to bed with a smile on my face too!

If you are thinking about doing this with your kiddos (and it's not too late!) I have put together my list of ideas in a spreadsheet that I am sharing with you. It isn't a beautiful list and contains some details that might not make sense to you, but overall, it should be a great place for you to get started!! Most of these ideas are shamelessly stolen from various resources around the web. :)

You can download the list HERE.

May your days be filled with JOY - 365!!!

1 comment:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [07 Dec 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete