Saturday, January 8, 2011

Project Joy 365 - Week 1

Week one of the new year has come to pass. Did you get everything done you wanted to? Are you still keeping your resolutions? Did you take a photo every day?

This week, I have found there is JOY in:
  • teaching your children to sew
  • getting back to the gym
  • trying new foods
  • hearing God's promptings
  • Bowling as a family
  • laughing hysterically with and at your children
  • finding new homes for unused sewing supplies
  • observing wildlife in the back yard
  • teaching your children life lessons
  • removing the Christmas decorations, but not the spirit that lives in us
Our special activity this week was making pillow pets with the girls. As I cleaned out my sewing stash, I found lots of fleece pieces and three bags of stuffing. A google search turned up this pattern and we were on our way.

The girls were both very excited about doing this project. They aren't quite ready to sew completely on their own yet, but they enjoyed doing what they could and did well with letting me help them with the rest.


Leave it to kids to keep things in perspective too. At one point, I had put some pieces together the wrong way. As I was cutting them apart to be fixed (one of my least favorite parts of sewing - rework), Regan says 'GOODIE!! that means I get to do more sewing!'. LOL!


They turned out a little bit homely, and imperfect, but the girls love them.


My first 365 layout is still a work in progress, but I'll give you a sneak peak! I fell in love with the simple design of Katie's monthly roundup layouts. You can see her post about them here - at the Daily Digi.

I have been wanting to come up with a very simple, minimalist format that I can use for the whole year. I found a lot of inspiration from Katie's pages and here is what I am working on so far.


I 'think' I am going to do at least two, double page spreads for each month of the year. If I am inspired and take more photos, I might do an additional spread for that month. I don't have all the bugs worked out yet, but I'm excited with how it's turning out so far!!

Have you started a page yet? I would love to see it!

2 comments:

  1. Lots of Joy and what PINK pages! Must be some girls about! LOL

    I want to take it easy and slow with this as it's my first year. Got the templates done in advance and that's a big big help.

    http://cookingmylife.blogspot.com/2011/01/project-365-week-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Loved your pictures!!!!

    Hey Christy!!!
    There's an award for you at my blog... please stop by and see it!

    xx, Shanti

    ReplyDelete