Why: To move one or multiple open JPG or PNG files to a layout in one step.
What: Copies and pastes one or more open files (JPG or PNG) to a PSD file and then closes the JPG and PNG files.
● Only copies, pastes and closes JPG or PNG file types.
● For each file that is copied, a new layer is created in the receiving PSD. The original file name is used as the layer name.
● The receiving PSD file must be saved first.
● If the receiving PSD dimensions are smaller than the original file, Copy and Close will scale the item to fit within the receiving PSD.
How: With a PSD open and one or more JPG or PNG files open, run Copy and Close.
Using the Script:
1. Open an existing PSD or create and save a new one.
2. Open a file or multiple files that you want on your layout.
3. Run the Copy & Close Script.
For Photoshop users: You can run the script regardless of which file is active. However, if there is more than one PSD open, you will need to select one or the script will prompt you to do so.
For PSE users: Select the PSD you want to copy to and Run the script. If something other than a PSD file is active, you will get this message.
Copy and Close will copy all jpg and png files in reverse of the order that they were opened. Any PSD or other file types that are open will not be copied or closed.
Each file is copied to the PSD, centered, re-sized to fit (if necessary) and given a layer name from the original file name.
Notes: If the original file dimensions are smaller than the receiving PSD, no re-sizing is done. If your PSD is not a square format (for example, an 8.5” x 11” format), certain items may still be re-sized larger than your PSD.
Close-up of layer names assigned in example above.